Saturday, March 9, 2013

On the Ninth Day: The Day You Discovered the Internet

This'll be Quick and Painless!







I discovered the World Wide Web back in 1996; Beaver College Years. I went to the Computer Lab to do an Assignment. I needed to research some items for my assignment, and I was taught about the Internet by Aaron Stallworth. He showed me how to get onto Netscape (Look How Dated I AM!!), set up my Hotmail Account, and how to research. His Patience was Amazing and I am forever grateful for what he taught me!

With what he taught me, I created my VERY FIRST Personal Website!

He also went on to teach me about a Chat Room program that required Internet: WBS. I met some Very Interesting Personalities in the Virtual Universe, and had a lot of fun!

Overall, from there on, the Internet has been Great to and for me! Without this form of Communication and Information, I would miss out on more than I would ever realize.

8 comments:

Mahoganydymond™ said...

I was hooked on WBS.. African American Chat... LOL

ABoyd378 said...

LOL!!

Those were The Days... :-D

Divaprocessor said...

I have met great friends like you though the internet...

ABoyd378 said...

*BIG HUGS*

AWWWWWWW, Trace!! :-D

Thee_Kween said...

Aww, the Internet does good things, too.

ABoyd378 said...

*cupping Her Majesty's face in my hands*

Absolutely!! :-D

No Labels said...

Netscape...that's bringing it back! I feel like overall the Internet has definitely done more good than harm, it's just easy to get involved in the wrong things, though...lol

ABoyd378 said...

So Very True, No Labels!! :-)