Thursday, March 21, 2013

On The Twenty-First Day: The Day You Met Your Most Recent/or Last Love

Saturday, June 2, 2012:

It was a Beautiful Saturday Morning in Philadelphia, and one of my MOST Favorite Times of the Year.





Yes: They were ALL There!!

(From L-R: Jeri Ryan, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth, Stan Lee, William Shatner, CM Punk, Hayden Panettiere)


Days leading up to this Fateful Day, I was approached by a Young Lady named Cynthia with whom I play Zynga's "Mafia Wars" daily. She had approached me about a month before via Inbox before asking about Cheesesteak places in Philly that make a very good product. I gave her the Name and Address of one that I frequent; COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS of the Fact that she was Flirting as well as interested in meeting me. She left the issue alone, and Thanked Me for the info.

About a week later, I had an Issue with a Rival Player and a Potential Bullying Issue (Yeah.. Bullying In games DOES Happen). I approached Cynthia via Inbox, and she became the Mediator between myself and the Godmother of the Rival Family with whom the Potential Bully was located (BTW, Cynthia is one of three Godmothers in the Mafia Wars Family of which I am a part). Relaying messages between myself and the Godmother of that particular family, we have reached a Peace and the Issue was resolved.

At the same time, Cynthia got a pretty good taste of my writing style, and became even more intrigued with me. All of a sudden, she is liking almost everything on my page! I had an inkling that SOMETHING was up, and ANOTHER Cynthia (who I lovingly call "Twin" due to our Month and Day of Birth are Exact; My Cynthia was born in June) pretty much bludgeoned me over the head by saying, "STEP TO HER, TWIN!! SHE HAS A MAJOR CRUSH ON YOU!!"




Say WHAT Now?!!


Following the Blunt Advice of My Twin, I approached Cynthia:

"Evening, Cynthia. Hope that hings are going well with you and yours. I have an Off Topic Question. I am always writing Poetry and am always interested in the Opinion of Others. Would you like to read a few pieces that I wrote?"

Cynthia said Yes, and I passed on the following Poems:

-A Tear's Impact
-Wishfully Whimsical; A Seussical Poem

She really appreciated and enjoyed reading those poems. Then I asked her what genre of poetry that she would like to read. Cynthia said "Romance." When she said THAT, I knew Exactly Which Poems to give her (and to this Day, she STILL Blushes when I mention them):

The "A Dinner Date" Trilogy:

-A Dinner Date
-After Dinner Mint
-Rendezvous

She read all three before she went to bed, and she was Speechless; a Rarity for her. She hung onto and Loved each and every one! From that day forward, we spoke every day, and NOT about Mafia Wars!!

I mentioned to Cynthia that Comic Con was in Philadelphia the next day (May 30), and was curious as to being interested in attending with me. She said Yes and she was very excited to meet me, as was I!

While speaking with her about Comic Con, I passed another Poem to her:

I Saw Mommy Killing Santa Claus. She LOVED that one, with her Sick Sense of Humor that I Enjoy!!

Yeah: We can be some Sick Pups 'Round Here!


*NOTE: She was VERY Hesitant as to Meeting me that day; she told me that she was flip-flopping about the idea, and ALMOST Cancelled. She spoke to her girlfriends and they encouraged her, even said that he must be Something Special for you to step out of your Comfort Zone and check out a Comic Book Convention*


Comic Con Saturday is here. I am already in Center City and waiting on Cynthia to arrive. She called me around 11AM and told me that she has parked in a Lot, and is making her way towards The Philadelphia Convention Center. I walked up to where she was walking down, and see her across the street. I cross the street to where I was walking behind her. I pick up my pace just a little, and slip my hand into hers. She looks at me in Shock, then turning into Sheer Delight! We hug right then and there, and she gives me a peck on the lips.

... ... ...

Excuse me, I had a moment replaying this moment in my mind... *^_^*

We walk hand in hand to the Convention Center to The Wizard World Comic Con. I purchased the Tickets (THANKFULLY, a Short Line before the Crowd REALLY got in there), we walked into Comic Con, and Took a Few Pictures while taking in the event .


I should have taken a few more pics of that day. I even had a REALLY Nice one of her holding the Hellboy II Samaritan Gun. I must've done something wrong with my phone and deleted the pic... :-(

I say, Fair Trade Off!!

We spoke a lot, got to know each other, held hands the entire time, and met a friend of hers who happened to be there (he too is a Comic Book Fan as are his children, yet I sensed that he was there to Gauge Me.... lol!!). We walked the entire length of the floor, which was No Joke and NOTHING to Mess With if you are not used to walking all over the place.

We took a breather outside of the event in the Main Halls. We sat down, talked, held hands, and felt A LOT of Chemistry. After about 30 minutes, we went back in, continued on, and would up leaving around 6PM. We went to the Reading Terminal Market for dinner. Afterwards, around 8PM, we went to South Street and walked around there for an hour or so. We went into a few shops, window shopped, and enjoyed each other's company.

The night ended when she dropped me off at the house, and we gave each other a Good Night Hug and Kiss.

That Day is definitely a Day that we will never forget. Who knew that a Game on Facebook would create a Romance between a Beauty and a Geek?



7 comments:

The God'ess said...

Aww! How sweet!

No Labels said...

How beautiful! :)

ABoyd378 said...

*TEE HEE!!!* :-D

Thee_Kween said...

Dis yo girlfriend? AAHHH Congrats, Drew!

ABoyd378 said...

Thank You!! *^_^*

As the Budda Flows said...

Aww sukie sookie!She is lovely

ABoyd378 said...

*TEE HEE!!!* *^_^*