Wednesday, March 27, 2013

On The Twenty-Seventh Day: A Day in Your Life (Explain an Average Day of Yours)

I'll be time stamping like a Mofo today (You caught me on a Good Day, and I will be using things that I have done today. 98% is Routine)...




8:59AM: Turning off my phone's Alarm.

9:10AM: Rolling out of bed to give my Great Uncle his Eye Drops for his Glaucoma, check his Blood Pressure, and one Percocet for the pain that he is experiencing from his Stage Four Prostate Cancer (The Cancer is to a Point where... well, Day Twenty-Five was short for this very reason). Shooting my First text to My Cynthia.

9:20AM: We make our way downstairs where I turn on the TV and turn to "Cheaters". My Great Uncle sits at the table, and I make him breakfast (he either has oatmeal, cold cereal, or a bagel; his appetite is diminishing, and I am now closely monitoring his intake. He recently requested for his coffee and hot tea to be half a cup instead of a full cup).

*NOTE: he is also an Amputee. His right leg was taken off in a Car Accident in September of 2007. This is Why I help him downstairs. He does have a Prosthetic, yet his eye sight is not the best.*

9:25AM: I make my cup of coffee, and then log in to the computer. I check my email for Job Postings, and hopefully messages from potential employers for an interview or AT THE LEAST an acknowledgment that they are not interested in moving forward with my application and resume.

9:30AM: On Facebook, looking at the Main Feed for Mafia Wars postings, and News for My Profile Page so that they are highlighted. Mafia Wars is started, and I post links for assistance. Second "Cheaters" episode is starting.

10AM-11AM: Clear my Great Uncle's sitting place, and Watch "Wendy Williams". Depending who is on her show ( or whatever she is talking about), I wash the dishes. Afterwards, play a few games and check statuses on Facebook. Promote my book as well as my friends' venture(s) on My Author Page.

11AM: Help my Great Uncle to his room. Depending on her workload, responding to Cynthia's Text. Spacing of time between texting varies from Day to Day; Light Days of work, Heavy Days of work you know?

11:30AM: Wait for my Great Uncle to finish using the bathroom. When he is done, take a shower then get dressed.

12PM: Check on My Great Uncle, and see that he has his snack. Go downstairs, and turn on "Maury" or "The People's Court". Start my Job Hunting on CareerBuilder, and Monster.

12:15PM: Receive a Deer Park Water Delivery.

1PM: Give my Great Uncle his Second Percocet of the Day, and make sure that he has plenty of water (getting him to drink 4 bottles before 9PM, is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY; This is ABSOLUTELY Necessary due ot his having Weak Veins for Blood Draws when his doctors need Blood). Watch "Judge Mathis".

2PM: Watching "Steve Wilkos", and Channel Surfing while filling out Applications; Facebook is in an open window being watched for Notifications and Messages from others throughout the day/night.

2:30PM-3:30PM: Stretch my legs by going to Shop Rite for Snacks and things for the house. Also, go to China House I for Shrimp Egg Rolls (No longer going to Burger King, due to the Discovery of Horse Meat in their Food).

4PM: Watching "Judge Judy", and continuing my Job Hunting. Cracking Jokes with Dad, as well as talking about things going on with the Family.

5PM: Giving my Great Uncle his Third Percocet for the Day. Return downstairs and turn on the kettle for hot water for tea.

5:15PM-5:30PM: Helping my Great Uncle down the stairs so we can have dinner. Dad cooks, and dinner is served.

6PM-7PM: Watching "Two and a Half Men" (Charlie Sheen's Two and a Half Men), and finishing up dinner.

7PM: Helping my Great Uncle upstairs to his room for the night. Come downstairs and do the dinner dishes.

8:55PM: Give my Great Uncle his night time Eye Drops, and his Fourth Percocet for the Day.

9PM-10:15PM: Watch what ever is on TV, while proofreading my Poetry for my Second Book; Uploading often to CreateSpace for Alignment purposes.

10:15PM-11PM: Call into BlogTalk Radio, and recite my Improvised Poem "Face Off!"

11PM: Turning on "Adult Swim" and leaving the TV on that station. Uploading my Poetry more, and more Job Hunting. Shooting Cynthia a Good Night Text or Phone Call, and letting her know that I am thinking of her, and Sweetest Dreams for her.

1AM: Giving my Great Uncle his Percocet to Start his early AM regimine, and leaving one for when he awakens at 5AM (Military Training; he is a Retired Sergeant of the US Army. Vietnam was the War, yet was never Deployed). Eating oatmeal (or some kind of snack), playing FB Games, and watching TV.

2AM-2:45AM: Bedtime.

4 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

So basically, you're taking care of your great uncle! how sweet. ((HUGS))

I died laughing @ the 9:30 hour. Aaah the days of MW!!

ABoyd378 said...

*HUGS* :-)

Get back into the Game.... ^_^

As the Budda Flows said...

What a day! Let God be your guiding hand in making sure Unc is comfortable

ABoyd378 said...

*HUGS*

Amen. :-)