Thursday, March 7, 2013

On The Seventh Day: The Day You Found Your First Best Friend




See that guy up there?

Not Me! The Other Guy!! :-P

THAT, is The Single GREATEST Friend that I Know (NO Offense to Any of You!). He has been there through my Ups and Downs, Lights and Darks, Best and Worst for the past 23 Years. He has done ONE THING that Cemented Who he is and What he means to me.


His name is Ricarto "Rick" (I Personally spell it Ric for a reason which will be explained) Brazela, and he is My Very First Best Friend.


I met Ric in January of 1991 in the Seventh Grade at Thomas K. Finletter Elementary/Middle School. We were cordial and all, even taught me a little bit about Chess. Great guy to be around, and Dangerously Honest; like myself, he tells it like it is!

We played with the neighborhood kids, and we got along very well, and became friends. We hung around each other's families, played sports, even played "Hide and Seek" with our friends in Caldor. We had some very good times together!

Then, My Kidney Transplant on December 9, 1993.

Around December 19, he, my brother, and our good friend Mark showed up to cheer me up while I was still recovering. They chipped in and got me wrestling magazines, and gave me Get Well cards; a wonderful gesture that they didn't need to do. All I wanted and needed were My Friends: ALL of them there in Support. Ric and Mark were the ONLY Two that Showed Up from our Group. What ever reason the other six had, that is on them: #RealTalk.

I still have a pretty good relationship with Mark; he clowns on my FB page from time to time. Ric MADE IT A POINT to keep me safe during my recovery; as if he was (AND I consider him as) My Brother.

I will not lie: He is Something Special, and GOD FORBID if something Bad happened to him. I WOULD LOSE IT!!!


Ric is an Attorney in Washington, DC, and an active member of the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity. I am Always Happy, Proud, Humbled, and Honored to have him in My Life.


To Ricarto Brazela, ESQ: Thank You, for Everything.

6 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

aww that's sweet boo. ~hey Ric~

so...why Ric instead of Rick? You said you was gone tell us. lol

ABoyd378 said...

OOPS!!! LOL!!

I Do Apologize!

I spell his name "Ric" instead of "Rick" due to me referring to him as "The Nature Boy", as in the Wrestling Hall of Famer Ric Flair. :-)

The God'ess said...

How nice. :)

ABoyd378 said...

Thank You, The God'ess! :-D

No Labels said...

It's great to have a wonderful friend like Ric; Ric Flair is one of my favorite wrestlers.

ABoyd378 said...

WWWWOOOOOOOO!!!

LOL!