Sunday, March 3, 2013

On The Third Day: A Day in Middle School

Hmmm...

There were so many of those, and even more memories in my head; many Good Days, a few Bad Ones.


There are a few that stand out, yet I have ONE Day that came to mind THE INSTANT I read the Challenge for Day Three.








It was Report Card Day at School for us at Thomas K. Finletter Elementary and Middle School. I was in the Sixth Grade at this time. I knew that my grades were not the best; I was getting by. I go home with my report card, and hand it to my Mom who had a Day Off from Work.



She looked it over, disappointed over the C's and D's; there were a few B's however, yet not enough know what I mean?


Mom speaks about her disappointment in the grades to me, and I told her that I will do better (Which I did over time). She then takes a look at the number of Absences, for we both expected Zero of those seeing that the School was across the street from where we lived, and I take being in School seriously. She reads, and her disappointment turned into anger:



Six Days that I was marked Absent.



Before I go any further, The ONLY TIMES that I missed school was to go to Doctor Appointments, and if I fell ill. Other than that, my behind was in the school and learning.



Six Days Absent. SIX DAYS!!!!



My Mom looks at me, and she was MAD!!! I ran into my room; SCARED for what might happen! My Mom got my Dad's Belt, and Went to Work:



"WHY ARE YOU MARKED ABSENT!??!!"


*SIDEBAR* For those that have been in THIS TYPE of Situation where it was the Good 'Ol "Belt to Ass" Conversation, I can Bet Money that you remember the belt hitting your fanny cheeks in rhythm to the words that were being exclaimed by the Whooper. So, it went like this:



"WHY (WHACK!) ARE (WHACK!) YOU (WHACK!) MARKED (WHACK!) ABSENT!??!!" (WHACK!)


I am screaming my poor Sixth Grade Lungs out while this Ass Whoopin' goes into the FIRST Five Minutes. Mom takes a break, and I catch my breath so I could respond:


"I was Never Absent!!"


Mom says, "IT SAYS THAT YOU ARE ABSENT FROM SCHOOL FOR SIX DAYS!! WHERE WERE YOU!!!"


"I was in School! I'm telling the Truth!!



Mom did not like the answer, so she went to Work again:


"NO (WHACK!) YOU (WHACK!) WERE (WHACK!) NOT!! (WHACK!) YOU (WHACK!) WERE MARKED (WHACK!) ABSENT!! (WHACK!)WHERE (WHACK!) WERE (WHACK!) YOU!!!"(WHACK!)


I was wailing again for another five minutes  TRYING to convince my Mom that I was in fact in school and standing my ground in my Truth Telling.


I had to think of something fast: I NEEDED to Lie to Stop the Ass Whoopin'!!


She stops again, and demanded an answer.


In my sobbing, I lied:


"I was at the Park across the street!"



Saying this DID NOT Go Well. Mom got Über Pissed, and went to work again:


"WHY (WHACK!) DID 
(WHACK!) YOU (WHACK!) LIE (WHACK!) TO (WHACK!) ME?!!?!!" (WHACK!)



"I DON'T KNOW!!! I  WANTED YOU TO STOP BEATING ME!!!"



Welp, THAT Answer SUCKED!!!



Got My Ass beat for about 5-7 Minutes more. By the time Mom was done, she said the following:

"I am going to the School, and I will talk to your teacher about those absences. If they are true (the Absences were Legit), Your Ass WILL BE Mine!!"



She stormed out of the bedroom, slammed the door, and I couldn't sit comfortably for 3 hours. I laid down in the bed, and cried.



The next day came and as Mom said she would do, She went to the school and spoke with my teacher.



After school let out, and I got Home, Mom had me sit down.



"Andrew, I am Sorry for not believing you! Your teacher told me that she wrote those Absences by mistake; thinking that you were someone else!"

"It's alright, Mom, my butt is still sore."

"Well, you should not have lied about NOT being in School! You should have kept saying that you were!"




To this very day, every time that I tell this story, My family and I get a Good Laugh out of it (STRANGE, Right?).




What did I learn, everyone?


Lie to Mom, I get my Ass Whooped.


Tell the Truth?



STILL Get My Ass Whooped!!

10 comments:

Mahoganydymond™ said...

Awwww.. My mother never whooped me.. My grandmother did.. I was scared of my mom though cause she has those big diana ross eyes... You are right.. You can tell the truth or a lied and still got whoopped back then.. I got a big laugh out if myself..

ABoyd378 said...

LOL!!! @ "big diana ross eyes"

If Mom and/or Dad were not around, Grandma Works well! lol!

I'm glad that you had a good laugh! :-D

The God'ess said...

Mama should have taken the belt to the teacher.

ABoyd378 said...

LMAO!!

You know, The God'ess!!!

Thee_Kween said...

Aw man that's messed up. I'm mad at Mama. Hmph!

ABoyd378 said...

It's quite alright, Your Kweenliness. lol!!

I can laugh at it now, so I am good; No Permanent Scars!! ;-D

Divaprocessor said...

Sounds just like something my mother would of did..she never believed anything we said against the school..BUT my daddy he would cuss a teacher out over one of us..LOL

ABoyd378 said...

LOL!!

That's how it usually goes, Diva!

Mom takes Education and Attendance VERY Seriously; that is TRUE Old School Mentality. And I Appreciate that to this Day!

No Labels said...

I never got a whopping because my grandma and grandpa both had those eyes and that voice. I heard stories from my uncles and my mom about the switch and the belt...lol.

But it's good she apologized for not believing you, although I would have given the teacher what for!

ABoyd378 said...

God Bless You, No Labels! :-D

Whoopin's are THE WORST!!

I do believe that the teacher getting hers is the general Concensus... lol!!