Saturday, March 2, 2013

On the Second Day: A Day in Elementary School

This particular Challenge will be an easy one, for I know EXACTLY which day to discuss...











It was recess time in the First Grade, and my classmates and I were outside running around playing "Tag" like normal First Graders. We were all having a great time during the classroom break, and something happened that changed the mood instantly.

While running away from a classmate, another classmate named Bernard snuck up behind me, and wrapped his arms around my waist and playfully picked me up. The way that he grabbed me was nothing out of the ordinary, it was what happened in that hold:

Look at your belt and how it is laying currently (If you have no belt on, imagine one there). Now,take the buckle, and have it point outward, with the top of the buckle on your pelvis.From there, press it on your pelvis.

Feel that pressure? Now, if you were to Press harder and with more determination, that would hurt.

For me, it became something FAR WORSE: I suffered a Hernia from that simple hold; the pressure from his squeeze coupled with the buckle digging deep inside of me caused a lump, hence the Hernia.


We go back into the school, and I am starting to feel queasy and my waist was hurting. I tell my teacher, and I go down to the nurse's office. I got sick there and feel pretty weak. The nurse looks at my waist and sees the lump. She asked what happened, and I tell her what happened. She then called my parents, and they were at the school within minutes. They take me to The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and they discover that I had a Hernia after I tell the docs what happened to me. They got me into the Operating Room, and did their Magic.


I come out of the OR, and I am sore! The docs show me the site, and it was scabbing up at that time. They told me not to touch it, or I will bleed and it might get infected. I did what they said, and it healed to where it looked like it was smaller than it originally was!


From that day forward, I was very careful in playing around with my classmates and friends. Granted, I got a Busted Lip in the Seventh Grade from Horsing Around, but the Sixth Grade left a much more Permanent Memory (AND Mark) for me...

10 comments:

Mahoganydymond™ said...

man... Did Bernard get into trouble?

Thee_Kween said...

The FUCK, Bernard??? Was he really 19 in elementary with the strength of the Rock? Po Drew ((HUGS))

ABoyd378 said...

Not that Day, Mahogany D...

He DID Apologize and gave me a Get Well Card. :-)

He meant no harm in what he did.

ABoyd378 said...

LMAO!!!

*HUGS* Thank You, Kali! :-D

Divaprocessor said...

Wow Andrew..this elementary stories..SMH..Everybody need group therapy

No Labels said...

Man, that Bernard must have been super strong...sorry you had to go through that, though.

The God'ess said...

You are a kind and forgiving soul, Andrew.

ABoyd378 said...

^_^

#Humbled

Thank You, The God'ess. :-)

ABoyd378 said...

LMAO!!! with Diva

We all had SOME Kind of Something going on back in those days...

ABoyd378 said...

He sure was, No Labels!

It's cool; I had Water Ice after the surgery! ;-D