Saturday, March 23, 2013

On The Twenty-Second Day: A Day with the Family You'll Never Forget



If my memory serves me correctly, this occurred in the Summer of 1994...

The Morning started with Dad picking up a green 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee rental for our Surprise Adventure. We loaded up the Jeep, and were on the road by 8:30AM. Calvin and I were excited to see new sights as we were heading South. Seeing the City that we were leaving, going through toll booths, and looking at the World as we ventured through and it passed us by.

Then after about 3 and a half hours in the car, we took a nap.

When we woke up, we see new buildings, and a sign saying "Welcome to Virginia." My little brother Calvin and I get comfortable in the car again and some time later, we arrive in Williamsburg, VA. we check into a hotel room, and get situated. We had dinner at a restaurant, and returned to our room and Watched "Poltergeist" (Maybe my Movie Buffs can tell me which one it was where they were in the Hotel; it was That One...). Due to the dinner that we had, Calvin and I gave our parents a little gift:

A LOT of Gas.

Something about tooting gives ALMOST Everyone the giggles, and our stomachs were hurting from the Laughter!!

That morning, we had breakfast, and went to Busch Gardens!

This Amusement Park was A-MA-ZING!!! Plenty to see and do there! Three monstrous roller coasters: The Big Bad Wolf, Drachenfire, and The LochNess Monster were TRUE BEASTS!!!

My Dad and Calvin are Adventurous types when it comes to Coasters , and hopped on all of them. Me not so much (at the time) due to a slight issue that I had:


I (AT THE TIME) was DEATHLY Afraid of Heights!!! You COULD NOT Bribe me to get onto a Coaster back then!


While they were in the air being rolled around and having a blast, I hung with Mom and rode the simple kiddie rides. After Calvin and Dad had their fun, we all rode just about everything else that didn't take us off the ground. Food at the Amusement Park? You Bet!! Lunch AND Dinner there! It was a Blast and a half there!!

After having a lot of fun (and Whiplash), we returned to the Hotel, and slept.

The next morning was our last day in Williamsburg. We went to breakfast at a nice restaurant. While coming out, we were approached by a young African American Lady, and this is how THIS Conversation went:

Young Lady: "Good Morning everyone! How are you?"

Us: "We're fine!"

Young Lady: "That's good! How would You like to visit a Plantation here?"





THE HELL DID SHE JUST SAY?!?!


We kindly declined and loaded into the car. Dad, OF COURSE, is the first to say something as he started the car.

"We spent 500 years running away from a place like that, and she is trying to take us back!! And she is Black!!"


We know that it is her job, but DAMN!!!


We went back to the Busch Gardens once more, and went on a few rides again (this was a Special Package that my parents found). I knew at that time that I needed to do something:

I MUST Ride the Coasters, and Overcome My Fear!

Mom, Dad, and Calvin were very happy to hear that I wanted to overcome my fear of Heights, and suggested that we ride the first car of each roller coaster.

WHY, OH WHY??

We got onto the LochNess Monster's first car, and we felt the car moving. I am out of my mind scared, UNTIL Calvin said one thing:

"Look Straight Ahead."

That is all well and good, but WTF?!! We are going down, and I am to Look Ahead?!!!

When we hit the peak of the very first hill, I looked straight ahead, and then we were going down at top speed. STILL looking ahead, which is Now Downward.

Gee Calvin, THANKS!

In All Honesty, it was Fun! I was scared of heights for nothing!! Everyone was happy to see me Conquer that Huge Fear! After the LochNess Monster, The Big Bad Wolf, and Drachenfire were on the list and were defeated.

After we hung around the park, we bid farewell to Busch Gardens and Williamsburg, VA.


One of the very few Family Moments that we have had together in the realm of Traveling. And The Best.

7 comments:

Mahoganydymond™ said...

hehehe!!! I don't like roller coasters... I don't care NO ONE will ever talk me into getting on one either..

ABoyd378 said...

LOL!!

No Labels said...

I'm not a fan of the coasters, either. On one ride, I did damn near have a panic attack.

But I did do the Wonder Wheel on Coney Island. I didn't mind it too much.

I think the thing that freaks me out is if it's speed and heights. Both of those combined I can't handle too well.

Thee_Kween said...

CTFU @ y'all running from the house nigga. lmaoooo

ABoyd378 said...

STILL Cracks us up to this day!

As the Budda Flows said...

Lmao your father dont play!! that damn Calvin was a menace!

ABoyd378 said...

Dad is UBER Blunt with his, and cuts NO Corners! ;-D

As we say around here, "Calvin's Calvin!"